Sunday, April 15, 2012

And The Question for The Day Is...

"Kamusta naman ang lovelife, Teen?" (How's your lovelife, Teen?)

It was so funny that in less than 3 hours in one uneventful, hot day last week, at least 8 people asked me through texts and pm’s a question of the same gist: 

“May boyfriend ka ba ngayon?” (Do you have a boyfriend?)
May dine-date ka ba?” (Are you dating?)
Single ka pa rin?” (Are you still single?)

(I had to post on my Facebook Timeline that I would do a tumbling if more people would ask about my relationship status that day. Which I really didn’t do (because I can’t!) but I had to laugh real hard when a couple of friends made comments on my post, probably to really put me up on my own dare.)

Ha! Why this sudden interest (or concern, perhaps?) about my relationship status (or lack thereof)?

Everybody acquainted and close to me knows that I have lost my husband almost 10 years ago.

People who are closer to me were witness(es) to a super complicated relationship that I’ve had (after a year of being a widow) which lasted for almost 4 years and which failed miserably.

And people closest to me, know what my “extra-curricular” activities are after that relationship and where those activities led me to today.

And so…

I am single and happy. But I sometimes get lonely. And then it just goes away.

That was my answer to the funny question of the day about my current status.

And then the follow-up: “Mag-aasawa ka pa ba ulit?” (Will you marry again?)

My straight answer: I really don’t know.

I would like to believe that there is really some man out there that God has (again) reserved just for me.

I agree with people who tell me that I am still young and it’s never too late to get married and start a lasting relationship again.

I know that I can never really close my heart to any possibility of meeting that man who would make me smile and laugh, sing and dance, fall in love, argue some, build dreams and grow old(er) with (again!).

Until that day (which I am neither in a hurry nor in control of) comes, then I’d have to settle for “Single and Happy; Sometimes Lonely, But It Passes” status for now.

(In case somebody (or some people) asks the same question in the nearest future…  Well, we’ll see if I can give a different answer or maybe I’d just do a tumbling for real!)

Peace & Love!

2 comments: